"There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life. You can't go through life obsessing about what might have been." - Hugh Jackman

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Prologue - Heart Over Matter 2













Prologue



We shared a love that’s so pure… that a simple dot ended it, and I’m not ever prepared.
Everything seemed so bright for me and Lance, we have plans for the future, he said he wants to have two sons, he will drive them to baseball games or band rehearsals, well live together in harmony, we’ll be happy, he promised me everything a girl wanted to hear from a guy. A guy like him is impossible to find, he’s not just one of a kind person, but he’s perfect, for me at least.
But everything turned upside down for the two of us. Three words, enough to make me happy, that’s “I love you.” But I can’t believe that another set of three words would tear my heart apart, “Who are you,” those three words, simple yet so sharp that it tore my heart into zillion pieces… like my heart has seized to exist.
I’ve watch a hundred movies and TV series that are similar to my story, I thought it was hard, but I realized it was painful… excruciatingly painful. I don’t know how to wake up everyday with enough strength to face everyone, and enough to make it through the day without crying in the corner like a baby.
I’m walking in a red carpet, everyone’s looking at me. Tonight, it’s going to be a now-or-never for me and Lance. I hope he’ll remember me. I have tried to remind him about us, our childhood, our love story, but I have failed. I’m still a stranger to him.
“I want to remember you, but somehow something is stopping me. Like someone’s saying that you’re just a part of the past that I don’t want to remember,” Lance had told me once. That made me cry for almost three days believe me or not.
Now, I feel it again, the pain, the sorrow, and all the things that was hard to bear, just like when he broke up with me that night. I just wonder why, whenever everything’s starting to be perfect, something’s stopping us to be together.
Should I risk everything so that I we can be together again? Should I fight for the two of us even if he loves somebody else? Or should I let him go, go with the life he has chosen, even if it leaves me a lifetime grief?
Well, he said “Just believe in me,” but now I’m loosing my faith… faith to him, to everything…

—Nicole Alvarez

0 comments:

Post a Comment