"There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life. You can't go through life obsessing about what might have been." - Hugh Jackman

Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Humble Beginnings

I've never relayed my story of how I've started. I don't know who would like to know but, hey it's my blog so I'll post it anyway.

I'll tell the story short. I am not a book lover when I was a kid. But then these friends of mine (Jessan and Karla. Yep! I derived some characters from them) was so obsessed with this vampire novel series consisting of four books where vampires sparkle under the sun. Second year high school ako noon, at yun ang taong ipinalabas ang Twilight movie. I tried to read the whole series, and I was hooked into it. That was the beginning of my book addiction. Second year high school summer, I bought a DVD of an anime where a girl was sucked into a book to play a role of a priestess of a beast god where she collects the seven stars of that beast god to obtain its powers. I was an instant addict/die hard fan. I wrote a fanfic about it when the next school started. That was my first ever story.

I was so inspired by my friend's love story where she was in love with her best friend. Friend zoned? No no no. Her best friend feels the same way. Yes, I'm kind of jealous because I never made it out of friend zone. So I wrote a story with a title "Heart Over Matter." The picture at the left is a cover for the book created by my... well, childhood friend. *wink. LOOOOONGGG STORRRRYYY!!!! And it's over anyway so moving on!

The book was about a boy who fell for her childhood best friend who feels the same way towards him.They met on an orphanage when they were still kids, got separated for some reason and they met when they were 16. Family problems + love conflicts = total disaster! Of course I want it to be published but I still need to write revisions kasi medyo bata bata ang nagkwento and it's very much patterned sa mga soap operas sa Pinas! The characters in this story appeared briefly on a chapter of the book "Unwanted Fairy Tale."

After I wrote HOM, I wrote Unwanted Fairy Tale shortly. I have planned so much twists and plots and more for it, but under some circumstances of heart aches and heart breaks I decided to cut it short. I'll share this secret, all the things I wrote sa last few chapters ng UFT is everything I wanted to say for the real Valene, regardless kung si Vince man o si Valene ang nagsabi sa chapters na yun.

I wrote several stories after, my fourth and firth was Bloodlines and Heartstrings books 1 and 2. My sixth was UFT 2. So I've been writing for quite a while now and you can see the evolution of my style sa bawat librong nasusulat ko.

So every time I see someone buying my book, reading them and posting them online (some adds me on facebook and some sends me messages on instagram), it warms my heart.

My friends are so happy for me, they've seen me when I was starting. They were with me when I was dreaming, they've watched me dream. Some of my schoolmates just thought that I was just being pathetic. And now my dreams are beginning to realize themselves. My friends are watching me as I live these dreams with eyes wide open, my critics too!

Ito pala yung feeling ng natupad mo ang mga pangarap mo. Dreams do come true. Of all the things na ginagawa ko, this is the only thing na hindi ako napapagod. I guess yun yung sinasabi nilang "passion."

books by Charles Fred Agustin:
Bloodlines and Heartstrings
Unwanted Fairy Tale

Now available on leading bookstores near you.


Grab your copies now.







Feel free to send me your reviews sa mga social networking sites where I am registered:

Twitter: @AvatarCharles

Instagram: @AvatarCharles20

Tumblr: avatarcharles.tumblr.com

Wattpad: CharlesFredAgustin

Blogger: avatarcharles.blogger.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment