"There comes a certain point in life when you have to stop blaming other people for how you feel or the misfortunes in your life. You can't go through life obsessing about what might have been." - Hugh Jackman

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Skeletons in the Closet

I'm the kind of person that treasures memories, the kind of person that keep things to remind me that once I've been the young person that I was. For me, memories are too important. Memories are those you acquired from the journey you took. And in a journey, the most important thing is not what you achieved, not the end, and not the beginning. It's how you achieved your goals, what you did along the way, the people you met, the friends you made, the enemies that pulled you down, and the experience you had.

Earlier this evening, I opened the closet inside our master's bed room looking for some random stuff. The I pulled this built-in drawer inside and found some stuff from Junior Year, High School. Two candles from prom, a button pin from this computer shop where we used to go, some other things and a little stuffed animal(left) given to me by a friend.

Actually I stole it from her, I took it right under her nose while she's looking at me. She didn't take it back. The amazing thing here was that this stuffed animal still had her scent. I remember three years ago, when we're still juniors, I use to smell it because it has the scent of her cologne. I just love the scent of her cologne. And three years after, it still has her scent.

While looking at the things I found, memories began to flood in my head. I can almost see it right before my eyes. Memory lane. I miss being 14, I miss being young. I miss the days when I don't have to worry about the things that bothers me now. I miss being carefree. I miss the good old days.

I returned all the stuff inside the drawer and closed the closet. I didn't find the thing I was looking for, but I found something else - memories of the past.

High school will always be the best years of your life.

0 comments:

Post a Comment